WE ARE HIRING!
POSITION TITLE: Water Project Manager
Comet-ME’s water project entails:
- Installation and maintenance of household water systems that pump, distribute and filter water for domestic consumption (south Hebron hills)
- A water quality monitoring scheme to safeguard the quality of the water we provide to the users.
- A new project aimed at the large-scale deployment of water filtration units in rural communities throughout the West Bank
Job description: Comet-ME is looking for a full-time Project Manager to lead the development and
implementation of complex water services projects in off-grid communities throughout Area C. The
project manager will be responsible for the successful operation of projects from conception to
completion. He/she will take part in the development of new projects as well as continuation of
existing ones, and lead the logistics, procurement and the actual installation in the field, managing the installation team, the water quality team and community outreach involved in the work. The project
manager will report to Comet’s General Manager and Deputy Manager.
The position is field-based. Candidates should be prepared to travel to the field on a daily basis.
- Lead the conceptual as well as detail design of water filtration systems.
- Plan and implement the procurement process
- Plan and implement the logistics of a project
- Manage installation technical staff
- Manage project budget
- Write reports, in English, about project implementation
Profile and abilities:
- Commitment to the Comet-ME cause and high motivation
- Science/technology background is a must, preferably water engineering or environmental engineering
- Several years of relevant work experience
- Ability to manage people and projects
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Hold a valid drivers’ license
Interested candidates should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention “water project manager position” in the subject line of the email. Suitable candidates will be
invited for an interview. Recruitment for this position is ongoing until a suitable candidate is found.