Updated: February 2023
Scroll down to see job descriptions:
1/2 Financial Manager (part time)
2/2 Logistics Coordinator (part time)
Position Title: Financial Manager (part time)
About Comet-ME: Comet-ME is a public benefit company registered in Israel since 2009, providing basic off-grid infrastructure and services to vulnerable communities using appropriate technological solutions and environmentally and socially sustainable methods. Comet-ME’s Israeli and Palestinian team works to facilitate social and economic empowerment of some of the poorest and most marginalized communities in the occupied Palestinian territories. Comet-ME manages several projects from multiple donors, with a budget of about 10 million ILS per year.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Manager (part time) to ensure the financial health of the organization, promote its success and maintain legal and regulatory compliance. The Financial Manager will work closely with the General Manager, Deputy Manager, and Organizational Development Manager to build a yearly budget, produce reports to donors, monitor the organization’s financials, and ensure compliance. The Financial Manager will supervise the organization’s accountant and work in coordination with the external comptroller.
The Financial Manager will report to Comet-ME’s General Manager. The position is part-time. Most of Comet-ME’s back-office work is conducted remotely, with attendance of an in-person weekly meeting in Jerusalem.
- Build annual budget and associated control tools, with the General Manager
- Prepare weekly, quarterly, and annual reports for the management
- Prepare reports for donors
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Support and lead various M&E activities
Profile and abilities:
- Commitment to the Comet-ME cause and high motivation
- Background in finance, accounting, economics
- Several years of relevant work experience in the Israeli non-profit sector
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage people and projects
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent command of English both written and verbal
Interested candidates should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com . Please designate “Financial Manager Position” in the subject line of the email. Suitable candidates only will be invited for an interview. Recruitment for this position is on-going until a suitable candidate is found.
Position Title: Logistics Coordinator (part time)
About Comet-ME: Comet-ME is an Israeli-Palestinian NGO providing basic infrastructure and services to off-grid communities using appropriate technological solutions and environmentally and socially sustainable methods. Comet-ME facilitates social and economic empowerment of some of the poorest and most marginalized communities in the occupied Palestinian territories through the installation of renewable energy systems, clean water delivery solutions, and wireless networks, along with provision of reliable maintenance services and capacity building.
Background: Functioning as a mini-utility for off-grid communities, Comet-ME runs a large operation throughout the West Bank, with ongoing installation and maintenance work in various locations, as well as management of a user/customer base of over 1,600 households. This requires careful logistical coordination as well as management of user payment for energy and water services.
Job description: We are looking for a part-time person to manage the user payment scheme and coordinate warehouse inventories and other logistics. The position entails both office and field work throughout the West Bank and the person must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and trustworthy, and must be able to work independently and in a dispersed team.
The Logistics Coordinator will report to Comet-ME’s operational manager..
· Manage users’ payment scheme and software (energy, water)
· Collect payments and receipts from vending points and from Comet-ME project managers
· Analyze the data and write reports and financial summaries
· Logistical management of inventory, warehouses, and vehicles
Profile and abilities:
· Commitment to the Comet-ME cause and high motivation
· Excellent skills in Spreadsheets or databases
· Ability to work independently and in a dispersed team
· Valid drivers license is a must
· Relevant work experience
· Attention to detail
· Excellent inter-personal skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Command of English is a great plus
Interested candidates should send their CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention “Logistics Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Suitable candidates only will be invited for an interview. Recruitment for this position is on-going until a suitable candidate is found.