Updated: May 2022
Position title: IT/Computer Network Technician
Position Type: Non-management
The IT/Computer Network Technician is responsible for providing on-site implementation, installation, troubleshooting and maintaining data communication network active and passive components related to internet project equipment. The position requires regular-basis site visits, working in off-grid areas and communities. and working on heights.
The IT/Computer Network Technician will report to Comet-ME’s Internet Project Manager.
Duties to this position include but are not limited to:
· Installing and implementing Internet Project equipment including LTE gateways, core switches and routers, wireless access points, patch panels, data network cabling installation, management and termination, power source for active data network equipment.
· Troubleshooting and maintaining internet project data communication networks equipment.
· Provide support to users of data communication networks and solve any related technical issues
· Assisting and reporting to internet project manager in the form of requirement analysis, network application design, implementation, problem investigation and resolution and network application evolution.
· Manage toolbox, materials, equipment logistics.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Commitment to Comet-ME cause and high motivation
· Diploma in the field of IT/Computer Network/Communications/Electrical
· Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience as IT/Computer Network Technician
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of LAN/WLAN design and connections
· Ability to multitask, work independently and effectively with personnel on all levels
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency in Arabic, English is a plus
· Hold a driving license with a record of safe driving
· Strictly committed to health, safety and environment regulations.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “IT/Computer Network Technician” in the subject line of the e-mail. Only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.