Job Openings at Comet-ME – August 2015
POSITION TITLE: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Job description: Comet-ME is looking for an electrical engineer to lead the technical side of renewable energy projects for the provision of electricity for off-grid communities. He/she will lead the technical side of project implementation – design of renewable energy systems, support of the installation team in all stages of the project, support of maintenance staff in solving technical issues that arise after installation, and supporting Comet-ME’s R&D program. The work requires multidisciplinary skills in the fields of wind power, solar power, electronics, and mechanics, as well as project-management skills. The position is very much hands on and requires working in a workshop and outside, building prototypes and participating in installation. The electrical engineer will report to Comet’s technical manager and the energy project manager.
The position is based in the south Hebron hills at Comet-ME center
• Be the knowledge hub for the energy installations within the organization
• Lead the conceptual as well as detail design of the projects
• Participate in R&D activities
• Take part in construction and installation of systems and prototypes
• Manage external outsourced resources
• Write reports and technical documents, in English
Profile and abilities:
• Commitment to the Comet-ME cause and high motivation.
• Science/technology background is a must, preferably M.Sc. degree in science or engineering
• Several years of work experience in the field
• Experience with work at a workshop with different tools and ability to design and build prototypes.
• Deep understanding of state-of-the-art equipment in the renewable energy sector
• Ability to manage people and projects
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent command of English and Arabic, both written and verbal
• Driver’s license
• Ability to work independently
Interested candidates should send their CV and a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Electrical Engineer” in the subject-line of the email. Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview. Recruitment for this position is on-going until a suitable candidate is found.