SEEKING PUBLIC HEALTH RESEARCHER TO CONDUCT SURVEYING WORK ON WATER ISSUES AMONG WOMEN IN RURAL PALESTINIAN COMMUNITIES (September 2018)
Background: Comet-ME is a Palestinian-Israeli NGO providing renewable energy and clean water services to vulnerable off-grid communities using environmentally and socially sustainable methods. We facilitate social and economic empowerment of some of the poorest and most marginalized communities in Area C of the occupied Palestinian territories through the construction of renewable energy systems (wind and solar), implementation of clean water solutions, capacity building and reliable maintenance.
Job description: Comet-ME is seeking a public health researcher (preferably female) for a project that will assess the public-health impact of Comet-ME’s water program (read about the program here) and help us raise awareness and build capacity among women and children so they can contribute to the maintenance of high drinking-water quality in their communities. The position is based in the south Hebron hills at Comet-ME Center and entails 2 days a week. The schedule is flexible and will be determined each week in coordination with the Comet-ME team.
Length of employment: 7-9 months, effective immediately
- Design and implement survey to assess health impact of Comet-ME’s water program and awareness of water-related health issues in south Hebron hills communities
- Write reports about project progress and survey results
- Conduct workshops on water quality and public health for women in the communities
- Help conduct workshops for school staff and children along with Comet-ME’s water expert
Profile and abilities:
- Degree in public health or related fields
- Knowledge of water-related health issues
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Experience in community work, especially in rural communities
- Commitment to the Comet-ME cause and high motivation
- Team player
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Fluent in Arabic
- Good writing skills
- Good command of English is an advantage
- Driver’s license is an advantage
Interested candidates should send their CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Public Health Researcher” in the title of the e-mail. Relevant candidates only will be invited for an interview. Recruitment for this position is on-going until a suitable candidate is found.